Jan 25, 2007

Untitled

Here are my completed lyrics!

~

When the day comes down
and the mist recedes.
When our eyes start to believe
what they see.

We stumble to explain
(oh your little pleasures)
Caressing victory
(skin on skin, pound of flesh, you'll get yours oh my love)
Terms are tools, prop them up,
build debris.

And your words... win again. (X4)
And your words... were all I had to believe.

And the pale light of the morning (morning)
offers no conception of what's perceived.
So I set aside the paper, touched, tainted with your love
and it lets me breath.

~

And when I said "it sounds better in context" in the last post I meant musical context more than verbal context.

Maybe one day it will be recorded (or sometime this week). But for now I have to practice my conducting for classes. Find and listen to Timothy Broege's Headless Horsemen or Sinfonia V to see what my life is like right now (where you would find them, I don't know).

~Eden

(lyrics updated February 26, 2007)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'tually, I rather liked the lyrics out of context, but I'm a Brautigan fan, so one learns to forsake context quite soon into reading of his.

- Barry

Eden Oliver said...

Mmmm, when I read them like this I prefer the one verse by itself too. But when there's music to it it's much better with all of it. The last verse is different from everything else, and it works.